Government to review case for North/South underground electricty interconnector

first_img Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Facebook Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal By News Highland – July 6, 2011 Google+ Pinterest WhatsApp Previous articleNo extra capcity will be created by new extension at LGH – Mac LochlainnNext articleUptake of latest broadband scheme in Donegal disapointing – McConalogue News Highland News Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHORcenter_img Google+ WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Twitter Government to review case for North/South underground electricty interconnector Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North The government is to review the case for, and the cost of, undergrounding, a North / South electricity interconnector.An international expert commission will be established, with a view to reporting back, within 6 months.Last October, Eirgrid had to withdraw a planning application for pylons along the route from Meath to the border with Tyrone because consultants got the height of pylons wrong.Last year, Eirgrid had to withdraw a planning application for the €200 million interconnector project after it emerged the planning documents had the wrong pylon heights.A review found the incorrect information was supplied by ESB International, a firm that is owned by the ESB.A series of pre-election meetings held by campaigners in the North East before February’s election heard pledges from all parties supporting the undergrounding of the lines.Now, the option of undergrounding the power lines between counties Meath and Tyrone is to be assessed, with Energy and Natural Resources Minister Pat Rabitte saying he will finalise terms of reference and announce the composition of the three person expert Commission within the next few days.last_img read more

Revellers urged to slow down when out drinking

first_img Google+ Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Revellers urged to slow down when out drinking Pinterest Previous articleGardai continue investigation into Rosslare drugs haulNext articleCatholic Bishops hit out at proposed abortion legislation News Highland WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Drinkaware.ie is encouraging people to slow down when out drinking and to make a plan for the following day to help pace yourself.Bank holiday weekends are notorious for binge drinking sessions but the responsible-drinking programme says that doesn’t need to be the case.Fionnuala Sheehan, Chief Executive of Drinkaware.ie, believes many Irish people are in denial about how much they drink and the dangers of it.She says blackouts are a sure sign you’re drinking far too much: News Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North center_img Pinterest By News Highland – May 4, 2013 Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Twitter Google+ WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Twitter Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more