Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather made his media rounds in the Big Apple on Wednesday, stopping by “The Colbert Report” to discuss the chess problem in San Francisco.Stephen Colbert, started out talking about a famous street corner in San Francisco, where a large number of people hang out and play chess on a daily basis. Police are reportedly trying to shut down the popular hangout due to alleged illegal gambling, drug use, and violence.Colbert introduced Mayweather who commented on the issue:“Stephen, there are always going to be some bad apples on the chess board,” a rehearsed Mayweather said. “But you’ve got to understand, for kids in a tough neighborhood, chess is the only way out.”It’s a funny skit that is worth watching. Check it out in the video player above.
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, January 22, 2018 – Nassau – The Royal Bahamas Defence Force Band enthralled guests at Government House including tourists, teachers and sixth-grade students during the Changing of the Guard ceremony, Friday, January 19th, 2018. The historic event included a marching display of precision drills by the Defence Force Band followed by a change of guard at the sentry.In 1958, Dennis Morgan, then director of music for the Royal Bahamas Police Force Band, introduced the “Changing of the Guard” at Government House and “Beating of the Retreat” at Christmas. The Changing of the Guard took place every first and third Saturday of the month during which members of the Royal Bahamas Police Force Band marched from the Police headquarters on East Street to Government House and performed for 15 to 20 minutes’ display.In 1990, the Royal Bahamas Defence Force assumed the duties of the Royal Bahamas Police Force as Security Guards at Government House. The 30-minute ceremony is held in honor of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and has become an attraction for tourists and Bahamians. The ceremony is currently held every second Friday in the month at 11 a.m.The 2018 dates for the Changing of the Guard are:February – 2nd and 16th; March – 2nd and 16th; April – 13th and 27th; May – 11th and 25th; June – 8th and 22nd; July – 6th and 20th; August – 3rd, 17th and 31st; September – 14th and 28th; October – 12th and 26th; November – 9th and 23rd; December – 7th and 21st.Release: BISPhoto Captions:Insert: Students of Nassau Christian School listen as a member of the Royal Bahamas Defence Force speaks to them about the Changing of the Guard ceremony.BIS Photos/Letisha Henderson Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Outpouring of love, support for Clairemont man killed in home invasion John Soderman, KUSI Newsroom Updated: 5:26 PM Posted: April 10, 2019 April 10, 2019 John Soderman, KUSI Newsroom, 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A man who was severely assaulted last week during an apparent burglary at a Clairemont Mesa home has died of his injuries, authorities reported today.Patrol officers responding to a report of a possible home-invasion theft in the 4100 block of Ashford Street found Randy Taing, 58, unconscious and not breathing around noon Friday, according to San Diego police.Medics took Taing to a hospital, where he was admitted to an intensive-care unit, SDPD Lt. Matt Dobbs said. He remained on life support until Monday evening, when he was pronounced dead.Taing’s son told investigators his father had called him at work on the day of the assault and told him there had been “some type of theft or robbery” at the residence across the street from Lindbergh Neighborhood Park, Dobbs said.“The son called the police and began driving home,” the lieutenant said. “When the son arrived at the home, he found his father inside, suffering from apparent trauma to his upper body.”Officials have not disclosed the nature of the wounds suffered by the victim.Detectives determined that a safe was missing from the home, according to police. No suspects in the case have been identified.“The investigation is in the initial stages, and not much is known at this time, as the victim was alone in the home (when he was injured) and… never regained consciousness,” Dobbs said.A GoFundMe page was created for the Taing family. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter